Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spiced Carrots & Grits with Nutmeg & Parmesean Cheese

Roast 1 lb of baby carrots in 1 cup of chicken broth, this was left over from a previous dinner...These poor carrots looked so lonely in the fridge, all pushed aside with the sweet relish and cottage cheese.  I felt bad, these carrots deserved better...and I had no other veggies to serve with my pan seared Mahi!

OK, I used basic grits, followed box directions, when it was done cooking I added my smashed day old roasted carrots, nutmeg and Parmesan cheese. To make make the consistency smoother, I used my hand stick blender in the pot and blended away.  Then I turned off the heat and decided that this tasted like Fall in my mouth! Next time I think I will add Maple Turkey Sausage and serve it with cornbread.

I am not great with measurements, I tend to taste to see what else is needed, but this is a good start!

Roasted Carrots
1 lb baby carrots
1 cup chicken broth
Salt and Pepper to taste

Roast in a baking dish at 350 until the carrots are tender.

Grits
3 cups boiling water
salt
3/4 cup Quick Grits
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Enjoy!
"IT'S LIKE FALL IN MY MOUTH!"

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you, the puree is amazing. So tasty and good consistency. I brought a spoon to the party thinking it would be more like soup. Instead the grits made it easy to eat with a fork! Awesome job Faith!

    ReplyDelete